Whew! It has taken us a month to locate and order a tiny stove and a tiny refrigerator! The kitchen area was created by removing two sets of the original Bookmobile shelves, while preserving the upper shelf for character. The space is about 65 inches wide-with that lump toward the front that is the forward wheel well. We will deal with the “lump” under a suitably tiny sink. These little appliances so remind me of the little kitchen sets that were popular for little girls in the 50’s and 60’s. Tiny stuff just tugs at you. Now that the stove and fridge have arrived, the electricity, gas, hot water and plumbing can all be designed.
A majority of the overhead lighting has been removed. There was a large amount of it to provide enough light to showcase the books and to read by. Caryn has decided that she could live with considerably less overhead lighting. The existing electrical will be turned into a few outlets on the ceiling for the TV and other electronics. On the right there-that is the on-demand water heater that is part of the electric/gas/plumbing install.
I had a little plan for the entry steps here. It has, ahem, been postponed. I was painting the backs of the stairs to start the project, and I noticed that what I thought was wood was actually rubber. No problem, but when I pushed on the brush to do the edging-there was a whole lot of give. I asked the Piper to take a look, and he found dry rot under and behind the stairs. The metal is pretty solid, but there will have to be a bit of rebuilding before I go on with my project. So that is where we are this week on the big Bookmobile to Tiny House Project.