We have a favorite joke this summer, out here in the pasture: It’s only rained twice this summer-once for 45 days and once for 22 days…. It has been just a bit over 24 hours since the last shower-and guess what? It’s raining.. .
Look at the list of stuff to do:
- Finish the new patio. The site looks like we planned on a pond-instead of a patio.
- Weed, then weed some, then another round of weeding.
- Put up the garden produce for winter-oh wait-the garden could use a little sun to start producing.
- Work on the Book mobile/Tiny Home-oh wait-we need the stove that matches that cute little fridge to go any further, and apparently it is taking Menard’s a month to find a 20inch gas range somewhere-but of course they have taken our money for a walk.
- Speaking of our money taking a walk, our bank account was hacked in the wee hours of Monday morning. Someone in South Africa is having a really good time with my mortgage money. Someone even had the temerity to call and inform us that our bank account had been deactivated-would we like to reactivate that-right now? We had no outstanding charges. The bank said that was a “fishing” phone call. Fishing?!? I’d love to get that person near a body of water-a nice, deep, secluded body of water, and ask if they would mind if I duct taped this big rock to their outstretched hands….I spend at least an hour a day on the phone with the bank disputing charges- someone in South Africa has had the temerity to charge a fee for returning our stolen money!
- The grass needs mowing-you can’t mow a hill of clay that is so saturated that it quivers.
- The dog needs a bath.
- I need to have a personal discussion with God and apologize for totally ignoring that 3rd commandment. And for being ungrateful for all the wonders that inhabit my life. And for the bad Ark jokes that I keep making.
But-you know what I mean about missing the slam of the screen door as you bustle around taking care of what needs doin’? We are at a slow spot here-I should take the time to be grateful for the abundance of our lives. I promise to change my attitude-check back with me later.